Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Eureka Moment #3

SO.....My Eureka moments for the first 2 weeks came from the reading...Not this week! After doing my DB posting for this week I was talking about it with my boyfriend. He and his family are big soccer fans so I knew he seen it. We got into the discussion about women and men and how it is wrong for her to rip her shirt off but not a man. BUT!!!!! In movies and certain HBO sitcoms it is on to show a women with her breasts out for the world to see and even some show women completely naked....why do they hardly ever show men in the buff??!! That is what is sexist! it is wrong for Brandi to rip her jersey off and be in a sports bra but a movie can show a woman full frontal and it is ok? My eureka moment is this...if a woman can be naked in movie or show then she can for damn sure can rip her shirt off after winning an amazing soccer game and run in around in her sports bra! Not to mention why do the men get to see all these naked women in movies?? We need some men action too just so we can even the score. LOL I will never forget the first time I watched Old School! So I heard it was funny I was about 18 or so and my cousin (12) and my sister (13) were with me as well as my dad and step-mom. i should of known it was bad when the play screen had boobs on it...but we went on with it. By the time it was half way through I was mortified and my father had yelled me and left the room. My sister says, " Why is it only girls who are naked?" I thought to myself yea why is that? At that point my dad returned but only to shut the movie off and yell at me again :)! But from that moment on whenever I see naked women I wonder where are the men? It is ok to show 100 pairs of breasts in a movie but a penis is out of the question?? If it is rated R or whatever and a women can be fully naked then why not a man? I mean they can rip there shirts off all day but a women who does it makes a huge splash in the media. Fair? I think not!

No comments: