Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week # 4 Eureka Moment

So my eureka moment came to me when I though about how I really don't have that many male friends. I use to be one of those girls who had guy and girl friends and was equally close with them. Then I looked at my younger sister who has like all guy friends and only 1 close female friend. I realized she has so many guy fiends because all the girls don't like her because she is friends with these guys. I was equal with my friends where she is one of the girls who the guys love to hang out with But their girl friends hate. Haha! So my moment is this....girls and guys can be friends BUT can you have both??? This is the million $$ question.

1 comment:

ShainaG said...

Wow, you know what, I dont have guy friends anymore either! Haha. I mean, I know that having a boyfriend makes a big difference with that in my life- because we spend so much time together that having close guy friends just doesn't really feel normal. I've always been like that though- I never had really close guy friends, maybe one or two that are still around. I can see that girls that are surrounded by boys might have a little stigma attached to them- maybe that they are different, that they dont like the same things girls like. I'm not sure, but I don't blame your sister because friendship with girls often involves a lot of emotional connections that do take a lot to keep together without creating fights and drama, in my experiences, friendship with guys have less strings attached because they hold different things as important.