Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week #1 Post

When I started to read yesterday everything seemed so interesting and the reading came easy. When I got to page 23 I felt like my mind started to wonder. I was reading "Social Views of Intersexuality" and alls I could think of was the most recent Real World on MTV. There was a girl names Kaitlyn on the show who was born a trangendered. She was born a male and became a female by choice. She even had surgery to make her genetalia female. This article really made me think because the said when infants were born with both gentalia they did "normalizing surgery" to make them either male or female. This was my Eureka Moment. It was so unbeleivable to me that they parents or doctors would decide what sex the infant would be. Instead of letting them grow up and either decide on their own to get surgery or to live as an intersexed person. It got my thoughts going on how mean some people were to that girl Kaitlyn on MTV. They would not let her just be what made her feel comfortable it was like she had to appease the world and make them comfortable. I hope to learn more about it as the class goes on!!

No comments: